happy #fashionfriday! the lovely lauren ashley is back with some stylish tips for packing for a summer getaway. what fab locations will you be visiting this summer? we love the local delaware beaches! have fun packing and have wonderful, memory filled summer vacations with the little ones!
xoxo, kate & amber
if you’re anything like me, packing is not your strong suit. not only am I terrible at packing, consistently choosing the wrong garments, but I also just hate it. i try to be organized and make a list, planning to pack ahead of time but instead i do it the night before, while rushing around like a crazy-person.
two winters ago, i was packing for a week-long trip to italy. my suitcase had to be small because I was sharing a small rental car with 3 other people. at first I was panicked. how am I supposed to look fashionably fabulous in florence when I can only bring 1 small piece of luggage? lucky for me I discovered a few key pieces that saved my sanity and my style.
- maxi dress – you can find a cute maxi dress for $20 or spend $500, it’s up to you. regardless of the price, they are perfect to wear for day or night. a simple maxi with flip flops and a tote can easily become glamorous with heels, a statement necklace and a clutch. our favorite: ella moss maxi dress (piperlime.com)
- oversized scarf – this is a key summer accessory. you can wear it as a wrap at night, use it to jazz up a basic tee and jeans or throw it around your bottom as a beach cover-up. our favorite: tasha ‘wild patchwork’ oversized scarf (nordstroms)
- assorted t-shirts – again, the key here is multi-functional clothing. a handful of lightweight tees in a variety of colors can be paired with jeans, shorts or a fun skirt. camouflage the t-shirt look with a statement necklace, scarf or cardigan. our favorites: boyfriend t-shirts from target or michael stars tees (ellie in greenville, delaware).
- bangles – I love layered jewelry, especially in the summer when you’re showing more skin. bangles and layered bracelets create a fun look and they don’t take up much room in your suitcase. our favorites: cara accessories mixed-fabric and gold bangles from madewell (madewell.com)
- gold sandals – these are a must-have. they are fun, flirty and feminine. our favorite: lilly pulitzer mckim sandal (lillypulitzer.com)
for more fashion inspiration, be sure to follow @firstandlittle and @lagolt via twitter.